Friday, July 4, 2008

Up goes the Frame

The weather shifted last night - it rained fairly heavily (which woke
me up twice, with nightmares about rusting tools...) Much cooler today and an over-abundance of mosquitoes.



After some thought we came up with a way to use the "bad" plywood to finish the deck and did that first thing. Roger and Mischa also poured the footings for the porch. Here's the crew loitering on the finished deck early this morning.
Two walls up, there I am attaching some additional pieces. After this we broke for lunch
 
Three walls up, mid-afternoon    
Late afternoon - Mischa and Brian pose with 4 1/2 walls.   

Our good friend Addie from our Wat Metta days is up here using the VIP cabin. She made a huge salad for lunch today, loaded with lettuce from Roger's garden.  

Yesterday was the Birthday of my two beloved sisters, Mary & Margaret. I observed this event in my usual way by neglecting to call them and then feeling a bit guilty, in the proper Catholic manner. But I didn't actually forget...

No comments: